Carbon Monoxide Emergencies

Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas formed by the incomplete combustion of fuels. When people are exposed to carbon monoxide gas, the carbon monoxide molecules will displace the oxygen in their bodies and lead to poisoning. Carbon monoxide can be produced from any material that is burned. Some common sources are from home furnaces, gas stoves, fireplaces, and motor vehicles. Safe ways to prevent carbon monoxide emergencies is to properly vent the area, know the symptoms, and have carbon monoxide detectors installed. Below are some helpful resources from the New York State Fire Office. In case of any carbon monoxide emergency call 911 immediately. 

Carbon Monoxide Facts 

Carbon Monoxide frequently asked questions 

Carbon monoxide brochure